WHEN WE DRINK
Address availability and alcohol related violence
- Introduce 3am as the latest time for serving alcohol in pubs and clubs
- Maintain and extend the freeze on granting new late night licences
- Introduce 10pm as the latest time for packaged liquor sales
HOW WE DRINK
Promote safer consumption of alcohol
- Tighten controls on the availability of packaged liquor
- Prohibit activities which encourage irresponsible drinking
- Introduce a responsible service requirement for secondary supply
WHERE WE DRINK
Minimise harm through liquor licensing reform
- Tighten controls on liquor licensing including tailoring approaches to liquor licensing in high risk areas.
- Prioritise harm minimisation in liquor licensing
- Consider transport options in assessing licence applications
Protect children and young people from alcohol advertising
- Restrict alcohol advertising from places and times where children and young people may be exposed.
- Support advertising restrictions with a sustained social marketing campaign about responsible drinking.
Support evidence-based policy
- Commence collecting alcohol sales data in order to evaluate policies.
Download our Election Policy Platform (PDF, 255KB)
Download our Election Policy Platform (Word, 46KB)
The Alcohol Policy Coalition’s 2014 Election Platform is endorsed by: